We begin the third year of the pandemic where the virus seems to still be the boss. Still we are making adjustments to live as “normal” as possible. Instead of cloth or little surgical masks we are wearing the N95 or Kn95 masks. We have received our boosters and feel we can go out as long as we mask up.
We have a couple restaurants at which we can eat outside under propane heaters in the colder weather. Also a couple take out places but mostly we cool at home. Our community, Ananda Village, has a co-op market providing essentials and a few other fun items. We do shop in town which is 30-40 minute drive. In this pandemic we limit our public interactions but always welcome encounters with friends.
We had over 12-14 inches snow last week which is slowly melting. Woke up to 27 degrees this New Years morning and decided to ride. My friend and I usually ride on saturdays together so we loaded up the bikes and headed for lower levels.
The snow had melted a bit but i still needed to scrap if off the back deck in order to open the shed where the road bike is stored. The black object in the back there is my trail bike covered for protection.
I regularly ride my road bike in the area having switched to electric to help with the steep hills.
This quote from one of my teachers is something Itry to live by.
“Forget the past, The vanished lives of all men are dark with many shames. Human conduct is ever unreliable until anchored in the Divine. Everything in future will improve if you are making a spiritual effort now.”
Lord knows i have made many mistakes and have regrets. However, i try to remember this quote when my monkey mind starts thinking of these mistakes and regrets. It really does help. One thing for certain is we can stay in the past in our minds or move forward and be in the present.
Things I will be amazed by, proud hopeful or, grateful for in 2022
1. Amazed we can plan ahead for everything we are doing already
2. Hopeful we can do these things.
3. Concerned about what might happen with wildfires, pandemic, politics
4. We hope The pandemic will no longer the major issue although it will be with us for a long time in some form.
5. Always hopeful The Seahawks win the Super Bowl
6. Am expecting The Warriors win the NBA championship
7. Wouldn’t it be something if Tiger finishes top 5 in the Masters?
8. Hopeful that our village ponds are full in July
9. Looking forward to viewing the photos sent back from the James Webb Telescope.
10. Hopeful We can travel the west in late summer without wildfire smoke
11. Hopeful I’ve created more photo art.
12. Enjoying the new Lord of the Rings Prequel on Prime in the fall.